A few links to check out:
- A reminder about using seasonal ingredients–a great way to be a little more green–and a delicious recipe to try out. Apple crisp is one of my favorites and on my list of things to make this week.
- Find out what food is in season through Fresh-Picked Seattle. There are links to a database, a calendar for local markets, and more.
- Remember my post about bottled water? Kevin Stevens Design Group has a reminder about other reusable container options. I definitely need to get into the habit of actually using reuseable grocery bags!
- I know, plastic again, but here’s a great post about all the reasons not to use plastic water bottles.
- You know how there are way too many plastic bottles littering our planet? In Nigeria, a house was built out of plastic bottles. Pretty sweet!
- Time had an interesting (but slightly scary) article on energy and climate change. The current system needs to change. Also, energy is about to get really expensive.
- This is a really interesting blog about one person’s journey to complete a 3-day, 100-mile nature-athon.
- Sustainable development–a topic that I like, but has always been a little vague to me. Read up on what it is, exactly, and what it should look like.
And for something random, check out this amazing video. Seriously, stick it out to the end. It’s so worth it.